Quickrep 2.0: single record report ?

How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet properties
of QR 2.0.

Volker

Re:Quickrep 2.0: single record report ?

On 11 May 1997 18:52:00 +0200, vol...@janus.free.de (Volker Wilhelm)
wrote:

>How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

>With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
>TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet properties
>of QR 2.0.

>Volker

Set a range to the dataset, so you can get only the needed record. If
you can't use an index filter the dataset.
----
Paul Lambadaris
mailto:p...@singular.singular.gr
http://www.singular.gr

p...@singular.singular.gr wrote:
> On 11 May 1997 18:52:00 +0200, vol...@janus.free.de (Volker Wilhelm)
> wrote:

> >How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

> >With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
> >TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet properties
> >of QR 2.0.

> >Volker

> Set a range to the dataset, so you can get only the needed record. If
> you can't use an index filter the dataset.
> ----

I did not thought of filtering the dataset yet, it could be a solution.
Never the less I am still looking for an other method to perhaps abort
the TQuickRep after reporting one record because I want to leave my
datamodules unchanged.

Volker

Re:Quickrep 2.0: single record report ?

hello, everybody,

> >How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

> >With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
> >TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet
> properties
> >of QR 2.0.
> I did not thought of filtering the dataset yet, it could be a
> solution. Never the less I am still looking for an other method to
> perhaps abort the TQuickRep after reporting one record because I want
>  to leave my datamodules unchanged.

Try HtmlReport at http://users.voras.lt/~gintaras/bs it let's you
manage the proccess of report generation and print the the only needed
number of records.

Re:Quickrep 2.0: single record report ?

On Thu, 15 May 1997 08:25:00 +0300, Gintaras Pikelis

<ginta...@voras.lt> wrote:
>hello, everybody,

>> >How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?
>Try HtmlReport at <snip>

Or just use ApplyRange on your table to select the records you want
and don't worry about getting your shareware componet.  eh?

david sampson

dsamp...@atlanta.com

Re:Quickrep 2.0: single record report ?

vol...@janus.free.de (Volker Wilhelm) wrote:
>How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

>With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
>TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet properties
>of QR 2.0.

>Volker

Just set the filter value of the TTable component to show ONLY the
record you want to report on. I use this quite frequently. It beats
the schlabonkers out of queries and other trix, is easy to turn on and
off and is quick.

Note - If there is a display of the records, disconnect the control
from the table and the user will not know you have turned on the
filter.

Hope this helps.
--------------
Bill
---------------------------------------
arte...@worldnet.att.net

"There are THREE kinds of people in the world...
     Those that can count and those that can't!"

Erkle wrote:
> vol...@janus.free.de (Volker Wilhelm) wrote:

> >How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

> >With QR 1.0 it was possible to leave the DataSource property of the
> >TQuickReport instance nil but it doesn't work with the DataSet
> properties
> >of QR 2.0.

> >Volker

> Just set the filter value of the TTable component to show ONLY the
> record you want to report on. I use this quite frequently. It beats
> the schlabonkers out of queries and other trix, is easy to turn on and

> off and is quick.

> Note - If there is a display of the records, disconnect the control
> from the table and the user will not know you have turned on the
> filter.

> Hope this helps.
> --------------
> Bill
> ---------------------------------------
> arte...@worldnet.att.net

> "There are THREE kinds of people in the world...
>      Those that can count and those that can't!"

 How would you set the filter if you are trying to show, for example,
only the first five records???

Pete Grossinger

Peter Grossinger <pet...@ave.net> wrote:
>> >How can i create a single record report with QuickReport 2.0 ?

> How would you set the filter if you are trying to show, for example,
>only the first five records???

Either a very expensive SQL or if the table is indexed or sorted:

        Table.First;
        Table.MoveBy(4);
        Table.Filter := 'Key <= ' + Table.FieldByName('Key').AsString;
        Table.Filtered := True;

Cheers

Other Threads