GPC and Solaris 7 x86

Is there a binay distribution of GPC 2.0/2.1 for Solaris 7 on Intel
somwhere.
I failed to compile it with egcs-1.1.1+ as well as gcc-2.8.1.

I am mostlu interested in porting a small program written in Borland
Pascal,
so what ever ported BP libraries come with GPC would be also needed.

TIA

i...@thetausa.com

Re:GPC and Solaris 7 x86

In <375076FF.DB184...@thetausa.com>,

Jovan Ilic <i...@thetausa.com> wrote:
> Is there a binay distribution of GPC 2.0/2.1 for Solaris 7 on Intel
> somwhere.

Not as far as I know.

> I failed to compile it with egcs-1.1.1+ as well as gcc-2.8.1.

If you tell us the exact problems we might be able to solve this
problem once and for all.

Actually, someone else reported problems under Solaris/x86 recently.
He got messages like the following:

../gcc-2.8.1/prefix.c:113: parse error before `VPARAMS'
../gcc-2.8.1/prefix.c:116: register name not specified for `newstr'
../gcc-2.8.1/prefix.c:117: register name not specified for `end'

Do you get the same messages? In this case, please try the following
which I suggested to the other one (but did not get any positive or
negative feedback):

: Yes, there seem to be problems with variable number of arguments.
: `VPARAMS' seems to be the problem. It should be defined in
: ansidecl.h. Please check that ansidecl.h exists in the GCC source
: directory. If it's not there, you might not have applied the GCC
: patch correctly, because ansidecl.h is part of that patch -- be sure
: to apply the patch in the GCC, not the GPC, directory, and watch the
: output of patch for any potential problems.
:
: If ansidecl.h does exist, check whether a file of the same name
: exists somewhere else. You can try:
:
: make prefix.o CFLAGS="-v -M"
:
: This should tell you in which directories the compiler searches for
: headers and which headers it actually includes. The latter should
: contain <gcc_src_path>/ansidecl.h and <gcc_src_path>/gansidecl.h.
:
: If there is another ansidecl.h that gets in the way, you could try
: renaming it temporarily...

If this helps, let me know. If there are other problems, tell us the
exact messages. You can write to our mailing list g...@gnu.de .

> I am mostlu interested in porting a small program written in Borland
> Pascal,
> so what ever ported BP libraries come with GPC would be also needed.

The current version, GPC-19990118, available at
ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/gnu-pascal/beta/
includes a complete set of BP compatible portable units (System,
CRT, Dos, ...), except Graph[1] and the OOP stuff (which is
currently work in progress).

[1] The Graph unit is available as a separate package and should run
    under X11, AFAIK.

Also, please see the section "Borland Pascal" in the documentation
for a "GPC Quick Start for BP programmers".

Frank

--
Frank Heckenbach, frank@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS]fjf.gnu.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/
PGP and GPG keys:           http://fjf.gnu.de/plan