Getting an Alias Path

I need to get the path that is assigned to an alias that I'm using in my
program.  I have a string "LSOT"  assigned as the DatabaseName to all of my
TTable's in my program.  I am writing a procedure that requires me to know
the path that is set for the 'LSOT" alias so that I can move the file and
create another file in it's place.  How do I determine the path that is
assigned to an Alias?

I am using Delphi 3

Thanks,
Jesse

Re:Getting an Alias Path

Look at the information of TSession
There you find GetAliasParams, GetDriverParams etc.

Jesse Castleberry <D...@iThink.net> schreef in artikel
<6jvbdh$mk...@news10.ispnews.com>...

> I need to get the path that is assigned to an alias that I'm using in my
> program.  I have a string "LSOT"  assigned as the DatabaseName to all of
my
> TTable's in my program.  I am writing a procedure that requires me to
know
> the path that is set for the 'LSOT" alias so that I can move the file and
> create another file in it's place.  How do I determine the path that is
> assigned to an Alias?

> I am using Delphi 3

> Thanks,
> Jesse

Re:Getting an Alias Path

In article <6jvbdh$mk...@news10.ispnews.com>, Jesse Castleberry
<D...@iThink.net> writes

>I need to get the path that is assigned to an alias that I'm using in my
>program.  I have a string "LSOT"  assigned as the DatabaseName to all of my
>TTable's in my program.  I am writing a procedure that requires me to know
>the path that is set for the 'LSOT" alias so that I can move the file and
>create another file in it's place.  How do I determine the path that is
>assigned to an Alias?

>I am using Delphi 3

>Thanks,
>Jesse

Drop a listbox on a form and put this button click handler code below
in. Click the button and you'll get all the details in the list.

  session.GetAliasParams('DBDEMOS',listbox1.items);
David H. Bolton

Other Threads