Info on device driver development

Hi,

I am seeking info on how to develop a device driver in Pascal in
general and under Delphi 3.0 in particular.

I would like to be able to sample from the microphone input socket of
my PC. The idea is to create a very simple A to D converter.
Portability is not currently an issue, it would only have to work on
the one machine. Obviously given some success I want to broaden it
applicability.

Advice and pointers to books, references, sample code would be much
appreciated.

Any specific tools required?

Many thanks.

John S Glover                             mailto:glov...@logica.com
Logica UK Ltd                           or  mailto:jsglo...@iee.org
Cobham Park, Downside Road                   http://www.logica.com/
Cobham, Surrey, KT11 3LG, UK
# DISCLAIMER:
# All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not Logica