Currency Domain

What is the most popular currency domain in Interbase regarding the American
Dollar?  I was thinking about using NUMERIC(12,2).

Thanks in advance.
John Bacchiocchi

Re:Currency Domain

I use NUMERIC(18, 2). If field requieres more accuracy (item's average cost
for example) I use NUMERIC(18, 4).

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

"John Bacchiocchi" <al...@snet.net> escribi en el mensaje

> What is the most popular currency domain in Interbase regarding the
American
> Dollar?  I was thinking about using NUMERIC(12,2).

> Thanks in advance.
> John Bacchiocchi

Re:Currency Domain

Thank you Sergio.
Interbase only seems to let me go as high as NUMRIC(15,2).  I try (18,2),
but it won't let me.
John

"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message

> I use NUMERIC(18, 2). If field requieres more accuracy (item's average
cost
> for example) I use NUMERIC(18, 4).

Re:Currency Domain

Are you using IB 5.x or dialect 1 database on IB 6 ?

NUMERIC(p, s) are mapped into scaled integers on IB, but before version 6
numeric with precision greater than 9 are mapped to DOUBLE PRECISION and the
maximun precision is 15.

--

> Thank you Sergio.
> Interbase only seems to let me go as high as NUMRIC(15,2).  I try (18,2),
> but it won't let me.
> John

> "Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message
> > I use NUMERIC(18, 2). If field requieres more accuracy (item's average
> cost
> > for example) I use NUMERIC(18, 4).

Re:Currency Domain

I am using dialect 3 on interbase 6

> Are you using IB 5.x or dialect 1 database on IB 6 ?

> NUMERIC(p, s) are mapped into scaled integers on IB, but before version 6
> numeric with precision greater than 9 are mapped to DOUBLE PRECISION and
the
> maximun precision is 15.

Re:Currency Domain

Something is wrong here. Are you shure that is dialect 3 database ? Check
server version and database properties from IBConsole.

--

> I am using dialect 3 on interbase 6

> "Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message
> > Are you using IB 5.x or dialect 1 database on IB 6 ?

> > NUMERIC(p, s) are mapped into scaled integers on IB, but before version
6
> > numeric with precision greater than 9 are mapped to DOUBLE PRECISION and
> the
> > maximun precision is 15.

Re:Currency Domain

You are right--the product I am using doesn't let me use dialect 3 even
though it is a choice when creating a database.
Thanks

> Something is wrong here. Are you shure that is dialect 3 database ? Check
> server version and database properties from IBConsole.

Other Threads