MP3 length (seconds) component ?

Hi,

Anyone know of a component that can calculate the length (seconds) of a MP3
files?

/Johan Petersson

Re:MP3 length (seconds) component ?

You could use the ActiveX interfaces of Microsoft's Windows Media Player or
Real's Player to find out, I would use Microsoft's, it's ActiveX interface
is more stable.

Re:MP3 length (seconds) component ?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the tip. However then you need one of those installed and you
can't be 100% certain of that... Any other idea?

/Johan

"Jason Terando" <jasont_no_s...@rapidtext.com> wrote in message

> You could use the ActiveX interfaces of Microsoft's Windows Media Player
or
> Real's Player to find out, I would use Microsoft's, it's ActiveX interface
> is more stable.

Re:MP3 length (seconds) component ?

> You could use the ActiveX interfaces of Microsoft's Windows Media Player
or
> Real's Player to find out, I would use Microsoft's, it's ActiveX interface
> is more stable.

Do you know where I could get examples of this?

--
- Jimmy                                  -
- http://www.used-disks.com/Programming/ -

Re:MP3 length (seconds) component ?

Well, you can check for its existence, and then bring up a dialog box if it
isn't there.  You can specify it's a requirement for your program.  Most
people have MS's Media Player since it is installed by default with IE.

You can use Delphi to create a wrapper around the Microsoft Active Movie
control, and then use its FileName property to load your file, and then use
its CurrentPosition property to get the current position and the Duration
property to get the length.

The methods and properties are pretty easy to figure out, you can also
download the media player SDK from Microsoft.

"Johan Petersson" <johan.peters...@liber.se> wrote in message
> Anyone know of a component that can calculate the length (seconds) of a
MP3
> files?

You should be able to find a number of components on Torry
(http://www.torry.net) that will do what you need.

Damien

Re:MP3 length (seconds) component ?

Hi,

I found out that the Delphi 5 TMediaPlayer can play MP3 files. It also
calculates the length in seconds. Exactly what I was after... This is a tip
for all of you others though.

/Johan

> Hi,

> Anyone know of a component that can calculate the length (seconds) of a
MP3
> files?

> /Johan Petersson

Other Threads