Help needed creating Paradox tables with Ref. Integrity in code

I need to create Paradox tables in code. I have the basic structure
and indexes created but I need to code in the linked tables
(referential integrity), too. How can I do this?

I am using Delphi 3.02

(p.s. I also need to do this in SQL, too, if you can help out there as
well..??)

Thanks for any assistance.
----
Bill
------------------------
arte...@worldnet.att.net
barte...@neri.org
Programmer / Analyst
New England Research Institutes

"The two rules for success in life are:
        1) Never tell them everything you know."

             <?>

           \\\|///
          \\ ~ ~ //
           ( @ @ )
/-------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------\

Re:Help needed creating Paradox tables with Ref. Integrity in code

Look for a utility called Table Scanner on the Delphi web sites (eg Delphi
Super Page).  It is a standalone program which takes a database structure
you create using the BDE tools, and creates a Pascal unit which replicates
it - including referential ontegrity and valisdation checks.

Works great.  Separate 16-bit and 32-bit versions.

|----
|------------------------
|arte...@worldnet.att.net
|barte...@neri.org
|Programmer / Analyst
|New England Research Institutes

|"The two rules for success in life are:
|        1) Never tell them everything you know."
|
|             <?>
|
|           \\\|///
|          \\ ~ ~ //
|           ( @ @ )

Re:Help needed creating Paradox tables with Ref. Integrity in code

I don't think that this can be done in SQL. Local SQL doesn't allows
referential integrity creation.

The only possibility is through the BDE API. The function is named
dbiDoRestructure or something like that.

--
Christophe Dary
cd...@usa.net

Other Threads