BDE 4.51 and installshield

Can anyone tell me how to get installshield for Delphi 3.0 to install
idd3523.dll please?

Andrew

Re:BDE 4.51 and installshield

>Can anyone tell me how to get installshield for Delphi 3.0 to install
>idd3523.dll please?

In the installshield directory you will find a Isdepend.ini file
in the [BDE support] section you will find the line

Uses16=IDDAO32.DLL

Add this line
Uses17=IDD3523.dll

Now you have the updated .dll
However you also need to update the Idapi32.cnf file in the redistributalbe
directroy of Installshiled.  This file is just an IDAPI config file with a
different extention.  You will need to open and resave it with BDE ADMIN from
BDE 4.51

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE 4.51 and installshield

Are those the only two things that need to be done to deploy BDE 4.51 with
IS express Delphi edition?

P.S : If you reply by e-mail, remove the brackets on each side of my
address.

Brian Bushay TeamB a crit dans le message
<357d80a3.131643...@forums.borland.com>...

>>Can anyone tell me how to get installshield for Delphi 3.0 to install
>>idd3523.dll please?

>In the installshield directory you will find a Isdepend.ini file
>in the [BDE support] section you will find the line

>Uses16=IDDAO32.DLL

>Add this line
>Uses17=IDD3523.dll

>Now you have the updated .dll
>However you also need to update the Idapi32.cnf file in the redistributalbe
>directroy of Installshiled.  This file is just an IDAPI config file with a
>different extention.  You will need to open and resave it with BDE ADMIN
from
>BDE 4.51

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE 4.51 and installshield

>Are those the only two things that need to be done to deploy BDE 4.51 with
>IS express Delphi edition?

That is what needs to be modified for a basic BDE installation.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Andrew Skinner wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to get installshield for Delphi 3.0 to install
> idd3523.dll please?

> Andrew

I have been successful doing it this way... first posted back in
January...

The default MSACCESS setting for InstallShield is to install IDDAO32.DLL,
which is fine for BDE 4.01, but not for BDE 4.51.  You can edit the
SWDEPEND.INI file that is used by InstallShield Express, and fix the file
name as follows...

[BDE Support]
Uses16=IDDA3532.DLL
;Uses16=IDDAO32.DLL

This will generate the correct file name for any new installation
scripts.  For existing scripts, you have to delete the old file and and
drag and drop the new IDDA3532 file to the same file group in the script.

However, this does not create a proper Alias... the DLL32 setting in the
BDEADMIN will still show it wanting to use IDDAO32.DLL.  To fix that
automatically in the InstallShield script, add a simple registry
change...

Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSACCESS\INIT
Value Name:
DLL32
Value Data:
IDDA3532.DLL

Since the BDE items are installed first, and the registry items last,
this works.  Now the default BDEADMIN alias driver info will use
IDDA3532.DLL!!

As for setting the Database Name, don't use the path entry, but rather
specify it as an optional parameter... for example
DATABASE NAME=<installdir>\Property.mdb

You may have to create a default IDAPI32.CNF from the current BDEADMIN by
renaming your old one so that the BDE can create a default IDAPI32.CFG.
Then copy this as IDAPI32.CNF into InstallShield's redist directory.
Someone's article eluded that this might be necessary.

--
Eric

P.S. To reply via email, remove "NoSpam" from my reply address

Other Threads