Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Hi,

I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP
1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000 prints
one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to HP
Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any solutions.
I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
library. Anybody know about it?

Atenciosamente,

Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Are you setting user defined paper sizes?

"Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> escreveu na mensagem
Hi,

I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP
1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000 prints
one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to HP
Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any solutions.
I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
library. Anybody know about it?

Atenciosamente,

Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

I had the same problem with HP 1000. I gave up

Probably they test their drivers only with Microsoft products

Roberto

Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

3ee4f...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> Hi,

> I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP
> 1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000
prints
> one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to HP
> Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any
solutions.
> I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
> library. Anybody know about it?

> Atenciosamente,

> Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Hi,

No, paper is A4, Output Bin is Auto. I dont use user defined paper sizes
because I had problems with it. I had problems only with HP 1000 and HP
1100, the same reports prints well in other printers...

Cris

"Eduardo Andrade Bahiense" <edua...@fdv.com.br> escreveu na mensagem

> Are you setting user defined paper sizes?

> "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> escreveu na mensagem
> Hi,

> I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP
> 1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000
prints
> one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to HP
> Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any
solutions.
> I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
> library. Anybody know about it?

> Atenciosamente,

> Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

And you had any solutions?

Cris

"Roberto Nicchi" <softw...@masterinformatica.net> escreveu na mensagem

> I had the same problem with HP 1000. I gave up

> Probably they test their drivers only with Microsoft products

> Roberto

> Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> 3ee4f...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Hi,

> > I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and
HP
> > 1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000
> prints
> > one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to HP
> > Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any
> solutions.
> > I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
> > library. Anybody know about it?

> > Atenciosamente,

> > Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

I have had similar problems with these printers with my apps and QR.  The
only viable solution that I found was to use a different printer driver.
The one I've been suggesting to my customers to use is the HP LaserJet III
or LaserJet 4 drivers.  Just have them install these drivers instead of the
HP 1000 or 1100 drivers and things should work just fine.
--
Scott Slater

> And you had any solutions?

> Cris

> "Roberto Nicchi" <softw...@masterinformatica.net> escreveu na mensagem
> > I had the same problem with HP 1000. I gave up

> > Probably they test their drivers only with Microsoft products

> > Roberto

> > Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > 3ee4f...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > > Hi,

> > > I have a big problem: I need to print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and
> HP
> > > 1100 printers. HP1100 print a half page and force a new page. HP 1000
> > prints
> > > one page (the third) when I print pages one, two and tree. I spoke to
HP
> > > Help-Desk, was related a few cases about, but they dont have any
> > solutions.
> > > I was oriented to rescue me with a forum list, and atualizate a print
> > > library. Anybody know about it?

> > > Atenciosamente,

> > > Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

It's a very good point.
Sometimes I solved problems with printers using older drivers.

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

I try this drivers, but dont print anything. What more I have to do?

"Scott Slater" <sc...@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem

> I have had similar problems with these printers with my apps and QR.  The
> only viable solution that I found was to use a different printer driver.
> The one I've been suggesting to my customers to use is the HP LaserJet III
> or LaserJet 4 drivers.  Just have them install these drivers instead of
the
> HP 1000 or 1100 drivers and things should work just fine.
> --
> Scott Slater

> "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > And you had any solutions?

> > Cris

> > "Roberto Nicchi" <softw...@masterinformatica.net> escreveu na mensagem
> > > I had the same problem with HP 1000. I gave up

> > > Probably they test their drivers only with Microsoft products

> > > Roberto

> > > Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > > 3ee4f...@newsgroups.borland.com...

> > HP
> > > prints
> HP
> > > solutions.

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Not sure why they won't work.  When you say that they don't print anything
does that mean that they don't print anything from your apps or they don't
print anything at all?  Even a test page?  Make sure that all the settings
with the LaserJet III or 4 driver is set correctly.  The right printer port
is selected, etc.  Also, make sure that you are using the right "flavor" of
driver.  PCL vs. PostScript.  I don't recall if the HP1000 and HP1100
printers support PostScript or not.  I've always used the PCL drivers.

--
Scott Slater

> I try this drivers, but dont print anything. What more I have to do?

> "Scott Slater" <sc...@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
> > I have had similar problems with these printers with my apps and QR.
The
> > only viable solution that I found was to use a different printer driver.
> > The one I've been suggesting to my customers to use is the HP LaserJet
III
> > or LaserJet 4 drivers.  Just have them install these drivers instead of
> the
> > HP 1000 or 1100 drivers and things should work just fine.
> > --
> > Scott Slater

> > "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > > And you had any solutions?

> > > Cris

> > > "Roberto Nicchi" <softw...@masterinformatica.net> escreveu na mensagem

> and
> > > HP
> 1000
> > HP
> print

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

yes, i replaced the printer :)

Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

3ee73...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> And you had any solutions?

> Cris

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Dont print. Even a test page. Note: Its a USB port.

> Not sure why they won't work.  When you say that they don't print anything
> does that mean that they don't print anything from your apps or they don't
> print anything at all?  Even a test page?  Make sure that all the settings
> with the LaserJet III or 4 driver is set correctly.  The right printer
port
> is selected, etc.  Also, make sure that you are using the right "flavor"
of
> driver.  PCL vs. PostScript.  I don't recall if the HP1000 and HP1100
> printers support PostScript or not.  I've always used the PCL drivers.

> --
> Scott Slater

> "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > I try this drivers, but dont print anything. What more I have to do?

> > "Scott Slater" <sc...@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
> > > I have had similar problems with these printers with my apps and QR.
> The
> > > only viable solution that I found was to use a different printer
driver.
> > > The one I've been suggesting to my customers to use is the HP LaserJet
> III
> > > or LaserJet 4 drivers.  Just have them install these drivers instead
of
> > the
> > > HP 1000 or 1100 drivers and things should work just fine.
> > > --
> > > Scott Slater

> > > "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

> > and
> > 1000
> > > HP
> > print

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

The client kill me... That are five printers...

> yes, i replaced the printer :)

> Cristiane <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> 3ee73...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > And you had any solutions?

> > Cris

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

Is it possible to use a parallel cable instead of USB?  Every time I've run
across a USB printer it requires it's own drivers to work and I don't think
the older drivers have USB options.

--
Scott Slater

> Dont print. Even a test page. Note: Its a USB port.

> Atenciosamente,

> Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Re:Print with Quick Report to HP 1000 and HP 1100

I go to do tests. Ive a HP 1000 here, USB, but on my client are HPs 1100,
paralel, where I go to test. Later I write results.

Thanks

Cris

> Is it possible to use a parallel cable instead of USB?  Every time I've
run
> across a USB printer it requires it's own drivers to work and I don't
think
> the older drivers have USB options.

> --
> Scott Slater

> "Cristiane" <criscampanh...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > Dont print. Even a test page. Note: Its a USB port.

> > Atenciosamente,

> > Cristiane Campanholo - criscampanh...@terra.com.br

Other Threads