deriving TFrame

Hi,

for a Treeview-driven database application I need different Frames for
different types of objects, e. g. organizations and persons. Therefore I
created two frame classes: TPersonFrame and TOrgFrame.

Now I would like to create a common base class TNodeFrame, and let
TPersonFrame and TOrgFrame be derived from TNodeFrame.

I tried to manually change the base class in the source code, but when I do
this, I get error messages when I open a derived frame (EReadError,
TabOrder does not exist).

How can I derive a frame from another?

Thank you,
Markus

Re:deriving TFrame

"Markus Wagner" <wag...@imsd.uni-mainz.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I tried to manually change the base class in the source code, but when I
do
> this, I get error messages when I open a derived frame (EReadError,
> TabOrder does not exist).

> How can I derive a frame from another?

Open the .dfm file as text (context-menu in the form designer,
Alt-F12 or Notepad ;-) and change the first occurrence of
"object" into "inherited".
Ciao, Uli.

Other Threads