32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

Hello world,

        I did the bigg mistake starting a bigg project in VB5, when suddenly I
found I needed fast routines.

        What a joy, I already did those routines in TP7 (using ASM). I compiled
them into a library, using Borland Pascal 7.0, and I was wonderfully happy.
But...

        With Microsoft, there is always a bigg but everywhere it is getting happy.
The little mister VB5 doesn't want 16 bits DLL, what I assume BP7
generates. I have less hair on my head than a day ago.

        According to these facts, I'd like someone to advice me, pelease:

        -I am too broken to buy Delphi
        -I have VB5, TP7, BC++4, and QuickBasic4.5 (huhu)
        -I must react speedily fast.
        -I never programmed any Windows stuff in C++

        So?

        -Is there a mean to compile 32bit DLL with BP7?
        -Should I learn to program DLLs in C++ (and then recode all the stuff)?
        -Would it be better idea to borrow some bucks and buy Delphi?
        -None of the above

        Thanks in advance!

                                Nicolas Binette
                                sho...@microtec.net
                                P.R.O.P.A.G.A.N.D.A.

                Esskyuze mi fur badde Angliche! (Wir sind dunkelblau!)

FOLLOWING is for STUPID people only (please do not quote in replies (if
any)):

        Oh! Just in case, if you are going to answer stupidities, alors, abandon
this idea please. (Cause sometimes, you know, intelligent people don't
answer to me because they think I already have my answer, but hey...
(Thought, maybe I felt on a newsgroup whit only stupid writers...)). (If
this frustrates you - It's not my fault - YOU mean you're stupid by reading
this) (I have nothing against stupid persons anyway - since December 1948,
we are all equal)

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

Nicolas Binette (sho...@microtec.net) wrote:

: Hello world,
:
:       I did the bigg mistake starting a bigg project in VB5, when suddenly I
: found I needed fast routines.
:
:       What a joy, I already did those routines in TP7 (using ASM). I compiled
: them into a library, using Borland Pascal 7.0, and I was wonderfully happy.
: But...

<big snip>

Borland Pascal 7 only generates 16-bit code.

However, I have heard that the demo-group Triton used BP7 when they
created their demo "Crystal Dream II" and somehow messed around with the
DPMI loaders so that it created a 32-bit code segment. Or something like
that. It seems like a lot of bother to me.

Why don't you lay your hands on a 32-bit Pascal compiler? Something like
FPK-Pascal (which is free) or fPrint Virtual Pascal (which isn't).

Regards,
        Antony.

ssu95...@reading.ac.uk
 Author of PowerMOD/2

... There are four kinds of lies:
...   There are lies,
...     Damned lies...
...  And party political broadcasts.

[END]

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

><big snip>

>Borland Pascal 7 only generates 16-bit code.

>However, I have heard that the demo-group Triton used BP7 when they
>created their demo "Crystal Dream II" and somehow messed around with the
>DPMI loaders so that it created a 32-bit code segment. Or something like
>that. It seems like a lot of bother to me.

>Why don't you lay your hands on a 32-bit Pascal compiler? Something like
>FPK-Pascal (which is free) or fPrint Virtual Pascal (which isn't).

>Regards,
> Antony.

I heard the same too, and If you look at Fasttraker ][ docs it says that it
was made in pmode using bp7.. that uses one of the early versions of PMODE/W
by Tran and infact in the docs to PMODE/W it says you can link it to high
level languages.. so why has noone done a pascal port???

must be possible, if any1 can tell me ANYTHING on pmode in pascal, I WILL
write an extender cos I have lots of time on my hands now!

                          anyone interested in taking on this project with
me??

                                   -dan

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

Antony Tom Curtis wrote:

[snip]

> Why don't you lay your hands on a 32-bit Pascal compiler? Something like
> FPK-Pascal (which is free) or fPrint Virtual Pascal (which isn't).

The catch: he needs to create 32-bit Win32 DLLs.  IIRC only Delphi can
do that.
[snip]

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One.  We've handled the Borg.  We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard

Help stop spam!  Visit http://www.cauce.org

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

In article <35987AFF.914F8...@uswest.net>,
  Phil Brutsche <bruts...@uswest.net> wrote:

> Antony Tom Curtis wrote:

> [snip]

> > Why don't you lay your hands on a 32-bit Pascal compiler? Something like
> > FPK-Pascal (which is free) or fPrint Virtual Pascal (which isn't).
> The catch: he needs to create 32-bit Win32 DLLs.  IIRC only Delphi can
> do that.
> [snip]

Greetings,  Yes and no, the GNU win32 linker ld, does support creating of
DLL's, we simply have not investigated the matter further in FPK-Pascal (FPC)
... as it seems complicated to create DLL's, with a little effort, FPC should
be able to do it!! (The Library syntax is already implemented)...

Carl Eric Codere
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

In article <01bda37f$37d4a9e0$ccf9eccd@alpha>

"Nicolas Binette" <sho...@microtec.net> wrote:
>    -Is there a mean to compile 32bit DLL with BP7?
>    -Should I learn to program DLLs in C++ (and then recode all the stuff)?
>    -Would it be better idea to borrow some bucks and buy Delphi?
>    -None of the above

[....]

You might want to buy Delphi 2, 3 or 4. Delphi 2 is virtually
obsolete now and you should be able to get cheap copies.
However, if you don't want to pay, then you can try the
Cygwin32 port of GNU Pascal (GPC). Check the GPC
link on my homepage for more information.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v4.51 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief451.zip

GoDFaTHeR skrev:

> I heard the same too, and If you look at Fasttraker ][ docs it says that it

Well, if I remember correctly, it says in the "textviewer" at the end of
CD2, that it was coded with BP7... Same with FastTracker ][, it says
something like "Borland Pascal with lots of Assembler"...

> was made in pmode using bp7.. that uses one of the early versions of PMODE/W
> by Tran and infact in the docs to PMODE/W it says you can link it to high
> level languages.. so why has noone done a pascal port???

Isn't the name of their entender "Triton Integrated DOS Extender"?
Whether or not it's derived from PMODE/W by Tran must be hard to say...

> must be possible, if any1 can tell me ANYTHING on pmode in pascal, I WILL
> write an extender cos I have lots of time on my hands now!

Regards,
F. S?derquist

Fredrik S?derquist wrote in message

<35991E5B.21607...@motala.mail.telia.com>...

>GoDFaTHeR skrev:
>> I heard the same too, and If you look at Fasttraker ][ docs it says that
it

>Well, if I remember correctly, it says in the "textviewer" at the end of
>CD2, that it was coded with BP7... Same with FastTracker ][, it says
>something like "Borland Pascal with lots of Assembler"...

>> was made in pmode using bp7.. that uses one of the early versions of
PMODE/W
>> by Tran and infact in the docs to PMODE/W it says you can link it to high
>> level languages.. so why has noone done a pascal port???

>Isn't the name of their entender "Triton Integrated DOS Extender"?
>Whether or not it's derived from PMODE/W by Tran must be hard to say...

I think its like the predecessor to PMODE/W since @ that time it wasnt out
but I know that it is the same extender used in Crystal Dreams ][.. or @
least it looks and performs the same

Re:32-bit Library with BP7 - Am I dreaming?

Phil Brutsche (bruts...@uswest.net) wrote:

: Antony Tom Curtis wrote:
: >
: [snip]
: >
: > Why don't you lay your hands on a 32-bit Pascal compiler? Something like
: > FPK-Pascal (which is free) or fPrint Virtual Pascal (which isn't).
: The catch: he needs to create 32-bit Win32 DLLs.  IIRC only Delphi can
: do that.

fPrint Virtual Pascal will create Win32 DLLs and EXEs.

Regards,
        Antony.

antony.cur...@olcs.net
 Author of PowerMOD/2