Creating Excel Spreadsheet using DDE - How?

Sorry, this is my first time using DDE and I find the documentation
somewhat confusing.

I want to dump some data out of my Delphi app. into MS Excel and I
think the best way to do it is to execute Excel and place the data in
using DDE.

Can someone give me a simple example of a routine which will do this??

I've played around with this for sometime and i am really starting to
get confused with this one.

P.S.  Data is destined for Excel 97 if that helps.

Thanks.

Greg Wake                       |    Phone: +61 97 911 915
Systems Manager                 |
Geographe Replacement Parts     |      Fax: +61 97 911 916
P.O. Box 350                    |
BUNBURY  6231                   |   E-Mail: g...@geographe.com.au
Western Australia               |