Multiple fields in a new index -> invalid descriptor

Hi,

when I use Addindex to add an index that consists of more than one field, it
raises an exception 'invalid index descriptor', even when I COPY the example
from the help file.

Addindex DOES work with ONE field name.

So:

        table1.Addindex('Newindex', 'NAME', [])

does work and

        table1.Addindex('Newindex', 'NAME;SIZE', [])

doesn't. (in E.G. ANIMALS.DBF)

If you have a solution for this, please reply to my emailaddress as well.

Thanks!!

Oh yeah, when I use the database desktop util, I get the same problem. Very
strange: the delphi help says fields should be separated with a semicolon,
database desktop help says it should be a Plus Sign, but neither works.

(Delphi 1)

Willem.

|| Willem van de Vis             Alfa-Informatica               ||
|| vd...@let.rug.nl              http://www.let.rug.nl/~vdvis   ||
|| Groningen, the Netherlands    Whoever reads this can read.   ||