BDE Question

I wrote a small program that accesses Foxpro 2.6 (DOS) databases.  These
are the same as dBase files.  The program works fine on my machine, but
when I give the program to others the message  B D E  (error $2109)
occurs. This occurs on all machines except mine.  Does anyone have any
ideas.  Thanks for your help.
SFried

Re:BDE Question

First, look to your BDE version.
Secondo, does your BDE use an ODBC driver.
Third, have you install a FoxPro product on your machine ?
       (a windows product).

There is 3 way to attempt to find an answer to your request.

Bye
   Dominique

>I wrote a small program that accesses Foxpro 2.6 (DOS) databases.  These
>are the same as dBase files.  The program works fine on my machine, but
>when I give the program to others the message  B D E  (error $2109)
>occurs. This occurs on all machines except mine.  Does anyone have any
>ideas.  Thanks for your help.
>SFried

Re:BDE Question

May be there is no ODBC-driver on that computers or
existing ODBC drivers are not appropriate.
You may have another ODBC-driver on your computer because
you have Fox installed.

BTW, ODBC-driver for Visual Fox (ver.5 at least) works with Fox 2.6 tables
better than native Fox 2.6 driver. I used it some times.

HTH.

Regards from Russia!
Oleg
o...@ca-ib.com

Sfried @ix.netcom.com> <"sfried3 wrote in message

<36C35705.EE8AB...@ix.netcom.com>...
>I wrote a small program that accesses Foxpro 2.6 (DOS) databases.  These
>are the same as dBase files.  The program works fine on my machine, but
>when I give the program to others the message  B D E  (error $2109)
>occurs. This occurs on all machines except mine.  Does anyone have any
>ideas.  Thanks for your help.
>SFried

Re:BDE Question

Hi !

The BDE Error $2109 has this text: "Cannot load IDAPIxx.DLL", which means
that your IDAPI installation is not correct on the other computers.

Remember that installing Delphi on your machine includes an IDAPI(BDE)
driver installation. This you have to do manually or via InstallShield (or
better: "Wise" found at  www.glbs.com, it's the best I've tried)
install-making tool to run your app on other machines.

Bjoerge

Sfried @ix.netcom.com> <"sfried3 skrev i meldingen
<36C35705.EE8AB...@ix.netcom.com>...

>I wrote a small program that accesses Foxpro 2.6 (DOS) databases.  These
>are the same as dBase files.  The program works fine on my machine, but
>when I give the program to others the message  B D E  (error $2109)
>occurs. This occurs on all machines except mine.  Does anyone have any
>ideas.  Thanks for your help.
>SFried

Other Threads