Delphi 5, Sql 2000, trusted connections

My environment is Delphi 5, BDE 5.01, both SQL 6.5 and Sql 2K clients on a Win2k laptop.  I have an application that currently attaches to a SQL 6.5 database using the standard MSSQL driver. We are trying to upgrade the backend to SQL 2000 as well switch over to trusted connections.  I have blanked out the USER NAME parameter in the BDE as I read in other posts and am still getting login errors when trying to connect to the database.

What am I missing?

Re:Delphi 5, Sql 2000, trusted connections

Dan Poiner <dan_poi...@progressive.com> wrote in message

> My environment is Delphi 5, BDE 5.01, both SQL 6.5 and Sql 2K clients on a

Win2k laptop.  I have an application that currently attaches to a SQL 6.5
database using the standard MSSQL driver. We are trying to upgrade the
backend to SQL 2000 as well switch over to trusted connections.  I have
blanked out the USER NAME parameter in the BDE as I read in other posts and
am still getting login errors when trying to connect to the database.

> What am I missing?

The User name field must be blank in both the alias you are using and the
MSSQL driver configuration (In the BDE administrator, select the
configuration tab and expand expand the following tree Configuration -
Drivers - Native - MSSQL).  Also if you are using a TDatabase component then
its USER NAME and PASSWORD parameters must also be blank

HTH

Dan

Other Threads