Inserting database field in MS word document

I have been using OLE automation to create form letters in MS Word. This is no problem, but users have been requesting that they be able to type a standard letter form in Word, but replace certain fields with selected fields from a Delphi BDE Paradox database. Is it possible for a user to automatically insert a chosen database field from a Delphi app into an MS Word document? If so, how would I go about implementing this?  Thanks for any help!

Re:Inserting database field in MS word document

We did something like this.  We used special tags and replaced them via OLE.
i.e.  <<customer_number>>   We published certain fields to the users that
were accessible and hard coded everything.  It sounds like you are looking
for something more user oriented.  We did not find any easy solutions...

"ken pfeiffer" <k...@painrelievers.org> wrote in message

> I have been using OLE automation to create form letters in MS Word. This

is no problem, but users have been requesting that they be able to type a
standard letter form in Word, but replace certain fields with selected
fields from a Delphi BDE Paradox database. Is it possible for a user to
automatically insert a chosen database field from a Delphi app into an MS
Word document? If so, how would I go about implementing this?  Thanks for
any help!

Other Threads