TDatabase.params

my database is paradox 7

I would like to set the params in code instead of using an alias. So far I know
I have to set path=c:\my database path
but
1) I do not know what else and how I should set them to overwrite BDE INIT
setting.
2) Do I really overwrite those settings if database.params values are different
from those shown by BDE administrator?
3) Can I also set LOCAL SHARE=true in database.params ?

Re:TDatabase.params

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:21:36 +0100, "mruczu?"

<mruczus_mial...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>my database is paradox 7

>I would like to set the params in code instead of using an alias. So far I know
>I have to set path=c:\my database path

That is all you have to set for Paradox tables. Just leave the
AliasName property blank.

>but
>1) I do not know what else and how I should set them to overwrite BDE INIT
>setting.

Nothing.

>2) Do I really overwrite those settings if database.params values are different
>from those shown by BDE administrator?

No. You are just supplying a path to the database instead of using an
alias. You are not overwritting anything.

>3) Can I also set LOCAL SHARE=true in database.params ?

No. Local Share can only be set in the BDE configuration file. You can
change the setting in code before you open the database. See the
examples for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex

--
Bill (TeamB)