Paradox table > Access table

I have Delphi 6 Professional.
All my tables are in Paradox, but one of my customers wants my system to
create a table that can send to a third party to be read into an Access
database.

I have the format of the Access table.  My customer's machine does not have
Access, so is it possible for my system to create an Access file on my
customers machine,  if so how ?

Any help with how to do this, or pointers to information that might help
would be appreciated.

George.

Re:Paradox table > Access table

>I have Delphi 6 Professional.
>All my tables are in Paradox, but one of my customers wants my system to
>create a table that can send to a third party to be read into an Access
>database.

>I have the format of the Access table.  My customer's machine does not have
>Access, so is it possible for my system to create an Access file on my
>customers machine,  if so how ?

The answer depends some on what version of Access you need to create.
you can use the ADO comments with both Access 2000 and 97 but the BDE Access
driver only works with Access 97.  If you use BDE access driver you will have to
have Microsofts ADO installed on the computers you want to use it on.
For ADO you will need to have MDAC installed on the computers where you want to
use it.
The easiest way to create an Access table is to use SQL.
But Access Tables need to be created in a database (.mdb file) so you if you
need to create the .mdb file too you need use use Ole Automation but the exact
code depends on whether you  use DAO or ADO.

If you use the BDE Access driver you can insert records with an Insert query but
if you use ADO you will have to insert the records one at a time into the Access
table.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Paradox table > Access table

Thanks for your reply Brian

I have Access 97 and Access 2000 my Client has niether but the third party
to whom we wish to send the information also has Access.  The third party
has sent me a sample .mdb file which I have had a look at in Access.

I shall be spending some time learning about DAO, ADO and MDAC from the help
files.

George

Other Threads