AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', []); Exeption error 'Invalid index/tag name'?

Does any body know how to solve this problem with delphi 5 TTable -
AddIndex?
I have cretaed the primary index no problem. But when it comes to secondary
indexes eg:
AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', []); I always get: Exeption error 'Invalid
index/tag name'
If  AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', [ixUnique]); or any other ix... everything
works fine?
I need options to be empty.

Can any body help?

Davide Rossi

Re:AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', []); Exeption error 'Invalid index/tag name'?

I ran into this or a similar problem one time with Paradox tables.
 If you are indexing on one field, the index name has to have the
same name as the field if the options are blank (which is the Paradox
does it). HTH

"Davide Rossi" <dnpro...@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message

> Does any body know how to solve this problem with delphi 5 TTable -
> AddIndex?
> I have cretaed the primary index no problem. But when it comes to
secondary
> indexes eg:
> AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', []); I always get: Exeption error 'Invalid
> index/tag name'
> If  AddIndex('NameIdx', 'Name', [ixUnique]); or any other ix... everything
> works fine?
> I need options to be empty.

> Can any body help?

> Davide Rossi