Paradox errors and dbi... calls

I found the following statement in a new
Table component that I downloaded.

"If you're using Paradox tables, you probably have had
 problems with data disappearing, or corrupted indexes.
You can usually fix this by putting dbiProcs in your USES
statement, and calling dbiSaveChanges in you AfterPost
event."

First, is this true?

And if it is, can someone show me a code sample that
makes this dbiSaveChanges call?

Also, where do I get the help file that explains all the
dbi... calls and their parameters?

Thanks,

Frank

Re:Paradox errors and dbi... calls

>"If you're using Paradox tables, you probably have had
> problems with data disappearing, or corrupted indexes.
>You can usually fix this by putting dbiProcs in your USES
>statement, and calling dbiSaveChanges in you AfterPost
>event."

>First, is this true?

It might fix a corruption problem for you.  If  you have Local Share set to true
you do not need dbiSaveChanges since local Share calls dbiSaveChanges.

If you don't use Local share or dbiSaveChanges then BDE caches writes.  A system
is more susseptable to corruption when its data is cached.

>And if it is, can someone show me a code sample that
>makes this dbiSaveChanges call?

dbiSaveChanges(Table1.Handle)
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> If you don't use Local share or dbiSaveChanges then BDE caches writes.  A system
> is more susseptable to corruption when its data is cached.

> >And if it is, can someone show me a code sample that
> >makes this dbiSaveChanges call?

> dbiSaveChanges(Table1.Handle)

Table1.FlushBuffers is the corresponding VCL method and calls
CheckBrowseMode + DbiSaveChanges (it's a method of TBDEDataSet);

Karl

   Karl Waclawek
   KD Soft Inc.
 * Phone:  (905) 579-3443