MS Access + Delphi Date/Time conversion problems

I have a buddy who asked me to post a question on this group for him.  I
tried to understand his question as best as possible, but something may
have been lost in the translation.

Basically, he's just trying to query a MS Access 2.0 Desktop database
through the TQuery component, but is getting a datatype runtime error
when he opens the query.  He is creating the query with a literal
date/time field that matches the date/time field in the Access database.
The format is "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM".

If someone has run into similar problems, has a workaround or can just
sympathize <g>, please reply.  Please reply direct to me. Thanks!
mailto:racar...@mail.fs.cei.net

/Ryan
|               Ryan A. Carter                  |
|          racar...@mail.fs.cei.net             |
|    http://www.cei.net/~racarter/index.html    |
|  http://www.cei.net/~racarter/pgp/pgpkey.txt  |