Locking the keyboard

Hi,

I=B4ve got a problem in my Pascal program.
I want to run a DOS-program in my program with the EXEC procedure (Unit =

DOS). =

But the trouble is that this DOS-program ends when the user presses any =

key.
To run it without interruption I want to lock the keyboard for the time =

the program runs (or only for a few minutes).

      Could anyone please tell me how to do this?
                 Thanks

        See ya
           Andr=E9   =

-- =

           __
       /\  \ \     /           +++ A.V 1996 +++
      / /\  \ \   /              -------------           =

     / /=3D=3D\  \ \ /        av...@abo.rhein-zeitung.de
    /_/    \  \_/          --------------------------

Re:Locking the keyboard

A.Volk wrote:

> Hi,

> Ive got a problem in my Pascal program.
> I want to run a DOS-program in my program with the EXEC procedure (Unit
> DOS).
> But the trouble is that this DOS-program ends when the user presses any
> key.
> To run it without interruption I want to lock the keyboard for the time
> the program runs (or only for a few minutes).

>       Could anyone please tell me how to do this?
>                  Thanks

>         See ya
>            Andr
> --
>            __
>        /\  \ \     /           +++ A.V 1996 +++
>       / /\  \ \   /              -------------
>      / /==\  \ \ /        av...@abo.rhein-zeitung.de

Hi Andre,

The thing you could do is hooking the keyboard interrupt before the
program is executed (and restore it afterwards...) The keyboard
interrupt is interrupt 16h (hex), the BIOS keyboard services. I assume
that the running program doesn't use the keyboard for other actions than
quiting? If so, than you can NOT use this strategy!

I hope this helps....

GreetZ, Nico

Other Threads