Problems Installing 2 Programs using BDE (wants me to uninstall other program first) ISE3.03

I am trying to install 2 separate programs using  Setup created using
Installshield Express 3.03.
These programs both include the BDE in the installation. (I have used the
BDE merge module to include the BDE)
1st program installs perfectly including the BDE. When I try to install the
second program I get the message that the system already has a version of
the program  installed and cannot continue.
I suspect that it is detecting that the BDE is already installed and wants
me to remove it first but this is impossible as it cannot be found in the
Add/Remove programs section.
What can I do???