Scrolling background in DelphiX?

I've been playing around with the DelphiX components when I started
wondering how people get the background to scroll. I understand how to
get the background to scroll and repeat itself, looping the same
bitmap over and over like in the shoot example that comes with DelphiX
but how do you scroll a backgound like in Zelda where the background
seems like a huge bitmap.
Is there a program that makes it easier to create the background like
this. Im a total novice at game programming so sorry if this a
stupid ?.
thanks for any replies.

E-mail me if ya can at re...@aol.com

MJ

Re:Scrolling background in DelphiX?

You use tiles and map the background, a bit like a giant jigsaw that reuses
the same pieces over and over.
not listed (MJ) wrote in message <36ce4c7c.271806...@forums.inprise.com>...
>I've been playing around with the DelphiX components when I started
>wondering how people get the background to scroll. I understand how to
>get the background to scroll and repeat itself, looping the same
>bitmap over and over like in the shoot example that comes with DelphiX
>but how do you scroll a backgound like in Zelda where the background
>seems like a huge bitmap.
>Is there a program that makes it easier to create the background like
>this. Im a total novice at game programming so sorry if this a
>stupid ?.
>thanks for any replies.

>E-mail me if ya can at re...@aol.com

>MJ

Re:Scrolling background in DelphiX?

First I have to confess, that I dont know either how to make a scrolling
BackGround,
but I am new to games Programming too and would be happy to have an
exchange of
knowlege.
I you are interested mail me

dr_schub...@ginko.de