D3.0 MS SQL6.5 Query Parameters: Operation not applicable.

using Delphi3.0 and MS SQL 6.5 I cant seem to set query parameters
 :Last_Name) I get an error message "Operation not applicable." the query
works fine if I get rid of the parameter and replace it with a value...
Whats Up... Help....

Re:D3.0 MS SQL6.5 Query Parameters: Operation not applicable.

Perhaps you might include some sample code.  I am using Delphi3 connected
to MS SQL 6.5 via ODBC, using parameterized queries.  (My master detail
queries are set up this way.)  Are you using pass-through queries?  If so,
then such won't work since the BDE needs to process the parameterized
query, converting it to a standard query that MS SQL 6.5 will understand.
Use SQL Server's SQL trace utility to see what SQL statements are being
sent to SQL Sever.  Good luck.
Gene

Bob Lemon <Lem...@cesmtp.ccf.org> wrote in article
<69g2qa$b...@forums.borland.com>...

> using Delphi3.0 and MS SQL 6.5 I cant seem to set query parameters
>  :Last_Name) I get an error message "Operation not applicable." the query
> works fine if I get rid of the parameter and replace it with a value...
> Whats Up... Help....

Other Threads