how to ?

hi ,
        i am using D2 and i have to assign parent property to TPanel control
at runtime . I have the handle of the  the control which will be parent . In
D4 i could have used parentwindow := handle but how about in D2

Thanks in advace

--

Devinder

Re:how to ?

Um

Panel1.parent:=handle;

Works for me

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:32:06 -0400, "Devinder"

<devin...@caesolutions.com> wrote:
>hi ,
>        i am using D2 and i have to assign parent property to TPanel control
>at runtime . I have the handle of the  the control which will be parent . In
>D4 i could have used parentwindow := handle but how about in D2

>Thanks in advace

Re:how to ?

Hi ,
        In D2 unless you assign a parent it does not create a handle . thus
it crashes when trying to call setparent . If i assign parent as 'Form'
first which creates a handle and then use setparent it works BUT it produces
a flicker showing that the compnent moved from Form to the the Parent-Window
.

Any ideas of how to work around or get rid of this flicker

Thanks

Devinder

linken <lin...@yeah.net> wrote in message

> You can call win32 api function "SetParent" as this
> windows.SetParent(Panel.Handle,parent.Handle).

> Devinder wrote in message <7mfi7i$...@forums.borland.com>...
> >hi ,
> >        i am using D2 and i have to assign parent property to TPanel
> control
> >at runtime . I have the handle of the  the control which will be parent .
> In
> >D4 i could have used parentwindow := handle but how about in D2

> >Thanks in advace

> >--

> >Devinder

Re:how to ?

You can call win32 api function "SetParent" as this
windows.SetParent(Panel.Handle,parent.Handle).

Devinder wrote in message <7mfi7i$...@forums.borland.com>...
>hi ,
>        i am using D2 and i have to assign parent property to TPanel
control
>at runtime . I have the handle of the  the control which will be parent .
In
>D4 i could have used parentwindow := handle but how about in D2

>Thanks in advace

>--

>Devinder

Other Threads