How does OnDataChange work?

OnDataChange triggers if the contents of a field is changed. This occurs if
a new record is selected or a new value is entered (after an UpdateRecord).
You can use the AfterDelete, AfterInsert and AfterEdit events instead. There
is no event for a commit (OnUpdateData is called, but if you use it, you
will have to do the updating yourself).