Help!! BDE Freezing up on Windows 98?

We're having a problem with one of our install's freezing up.  When I try to
run the BDE Administrator, it freezes up.  The install works fine on my
machine (Windows 98), and it works fine on my laptop (Windows 98 Release 1),
but it doesn't work fine on the Windows 98 Release 2 machine.  It's a
Pentium 450 Mhz machine.  Brand new, nothing else installed.  I can start my
program, but as soon as I try to run the customer table, it freezes, or when
I try to run the BDE Administrator.  This is a Delphi 3 application.

Heeellllppp!!

Thanks,
-= Jesse =-
http://www.msdlg.com
http://www.DaVinci-MIMS.com
ICQ # 36647056

Re:Help!! BDE Freezing up on Windows 98?

I would check for a new version of the video driver.
The drivers shipped with OS are often a problem.

Jesse Castleberry <Je...@msdlg.com> wrote in message

> We're having a problem with one of our install's freezing up.  When I try
> run the BDE Administrator, it freezes up.  The install works fine on my
> machine (Windows 98), and it works fine on my laptop (Windows 98 Release
1),
> but it doesn't work fine on the Windows 98 Release 2 machine.  It's a
> Pentium 450 Mhz machine.  Brand new, nothing else installed.  I can start
my
> program, but as soon as I try to run the customer table, it freezes, or
when
> I try to run the BDE Administrator.  This is a Delphi 3 application.

> Heeellllppp!!

> Thanks,
> -= Jesse =-
> http://www.msdlg.com
> http://www.DaVinci-MIMS.com
> ICQ # 36647056

Re:Help!! BDE Freezing up on Windows 98?

Make sure the machine is set to use at least 256 colors. There is a bug in
Win98 that can cause problems with less than 256 colors.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB