Table filter and no curr record

I'm using Delphi3.02Pro and InfoPower302b.

 After executing a wwfilter on a field called "Status", the table
 only shows records as requested in the wwfilter settings -as
 expected.

 However, when selecting a record, then changing the value of the
 field "status", a warning message is issue as posting is requested,
 i.e by moving to the next record. The message "no current record"
 pops up.

 I would like to avoid this message when i.e moving to the previous
 or next record in the filtered table. Please advice for best
 practice/method to eliminate the "no current record" warning
 message.

 All suggestions appreciated
 Geir

Re:Table filter and no curr record

Geir Hole wrote:
>  However, when selecting a record, then changing the value of the
>  field "status", a warning message is issue as posting is requested,
>  i.e by moving to the next record. The message "no current record"
>  pops up.

The field has been removed from the visible database by the
filter, and then attempted to be posted by the system - but
does not exist any more.

I had a lot of these problems originally when I first used
filters - you need to be careful and watch the events that
your database generates, and make sure you do things at the
right time. I also had to make sure that I was careful with
index usage.

I can't remember the specifics on how I fixed the problem,
but that should get you started.

Regards
Darren Lyon
Soft-Co Australia