Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

Dear Pascal Fans!

I tried to start some of my pascal-programs, but every program using the
unit crt doesnt run.
(Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by Zero".

Is Windows98 (2nd Edition) the problem? (A new installation of Pascal 7.0
has no effect)

Thank you for your help!

--- Adi ---

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

Adi Gerold <adolf.ger...@aon.at> wrote:
> I tried to start some of my pascal-programs, but every program using the
> unit crt doesnt run.
> (Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by Zero".

Well, it's been a week or two since the last one of these (or the last one
that made it to my news server) - that's not too bad I suppose.

Windows 98 is not the problem. The CRT unit is the problem. There are
patches available. Consult the FAQ for more information, or do a web
search. You will need to replace your CRT unit; you will also need to either
patch or recompile executables.

   sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au     |    come to ruin." -- Proverbs 13:3

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

Thank you for your help - I searched and found the solution to my problem!

And here an information for the other, who have the same problem:
1) You have the source code:
     http://www.pinoe-hl.ac.at/arge/ahsinf/borland7.htm
     contains two Patchfiles for the problematic files TPP.TPL and TURBO.TPL

2) You have only the exe-file:

http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal/runerr200/download.htm...
ch
     contains a patch.

--- Adi ---

> > I tried to start some of my pascal-programs, but every program using the
> > unit crt doesnt run.
> > (Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by Zero".

> Windows 98 is not the problem. The CRT unit is the problem. There are
> patches available. Consult the FAQ for more information, or do a web
> search. You will need to replace your CRT unit; you will also need to
either
> patch or recompile executables.

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

JRS:  In article <39993627$0$14...@SSP1NO25.highway.telekom.at> of Tue,
15 Aug 2000 14:19:07 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Adi Gerold

<adolf.ger...@aon.at> wrote:
>Thank you for your help - I searched and found the solution to my problem!

>And here an information for the other, who have the same problem:
>1) You have the source code:
>     http://www.pinoe-hl.ac.at/arge/ahsinf/borland7.htm
>     contains two Patchfiles for the problematic files TPP.TPL and TURBO.TPL

>2) You have only the exe-file:

>http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal/runerr200/download.htm...
>ch
>     contains a patch.

The second will be good; I don't know of the first.  But if you'd
followed the advice given, to read the FAQ (unfortunately, its
whereabouts were not given (see below)) and implicitly also the mini-
FAQ, you would have accessed the combined wisdom of present and past
users of this newsgroup.  Some fixes are better than others.

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

> > (Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by

Zero".
[snip]

> Windows 98 is not the problem. The CRT unit is the problem. There are
> patches available. Consult the FAQ for more information, or do a web

I'm soooo tired of that question...

=;o)
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

hirnw...@my-deja.com wrote...
>> > (Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by
>Zero".
>[snip]
>> Windows 98 is not the problem. The CRT unit is the problem. There are
>> patches available. Consult the FAQ for more information, or do a web

>I'm soooo tired of that question...

>=;o)
>David

Re:Programs including UNIT CRT don't run

hirnw...@my-deja.com wrote...
>> > (Even the compiled exe-files) I always get the message "Divide by
>Zero".
>[snip]
>> Windows 98 is not the problem. The CRT unit is the problem. There are
>> patches available. Consult the FAQ for more information, or do a web

>I'm soooo tired of that question...

There is one way to solve this never end question ....
rename comp.lang.pascal.borland
to comp.lang.pascal.borland.divide.by.zero.RTFFAQ.

Hope it helps :)

Mason Ip <maso...@attachmate.co_> wrote:
> There is one way to solve this never end question ....
> rename comp.lang.pascal.borland
> to comp.lang.pascal.borland.divide.by.zero.RTFFAQ.

We could always just newgroup
comp.lang.pascal.borland.divide.by.zero  and do an automated answerpost
daily, or something. But then, to be fair, we'd also have to newgroup

comp.lang.pascal.borland.delphi-questions
comp.lang.pascal.borland.homework
comp.lang.pascal.borland.downloads

etc...

   sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au     |    come to ruin." -- Proverbs 13:3