BatchMove of Calculated Fields???

I'm trying to do a batch move from a local text file linked as an ODBC
database to a remote SQL server.  I noticed that the BatchMove doesn't move
calculated fields by default, and when I tried to specify it to go in the
Mappings section it responded that the source field didn't exist (I'm trying
to move a local calculated field to a corresponding remote field -- basically
a sort of identity row not in the text table that has to go into the remote
table during the move).  I'm guessing that the BatchMove component reads the
table info at load time.  I tried using a TQuery component as the source for
the move, but I can't run a query on a text table.

Is there any way I can do a BatchMove including calculated fields?  I've tried
the BatchMove component and the function in the TTable component, both
produced the same result.  I can work around the problem by updating the
remote table with a query after the move, but it has the potential to update
the wrong data if I'm doing two moves at almost the same time (which may
happen).  Any help would be very much appreciated.

-Sean

Re:BatchMove of Calculated Fields???

In <4l5m1m$...@news.ios.com> ske...@interramp.com (Sean Kelly) writes:

>I'm trying to do a batch move from a local text file linked as an ODBC
>database to a remote SQL server.  I noticed that the BatchMove doesn't
move
>calculated fields by default, and when I tried to specify it to go in
the
>Mappings section it responded that the source field didn't exist (I'm
trying
>to move a local calculated field to a corresponding remote field --
basically
>a sort of identity row not in the text table that has to go into the
remote
>table during the move).  I'm guessing that the BatchMove component
reads the
>table info at load time.  I tried using a TQuery component as the
source for
>the move, but I can't run a query on a text table.

>Is there any way I can do a BatchMove including calculated fields?
I've tried
>the BatchMove component and the function in the TTable component, both
>produced the same result.  I can work around the problem by updating
the
>remote table with a query after the move, but it has the potential to
update
>the wrong data if I'm doing two moves at almost the same time (which
may
>happen).  Any help would be very much appreciated.

>-Sean

Acalculated field does not exist hence is not moveable and there is no
way around it.

Ben
Arrow

Other Threads