Multitasking under BP protected mode

Is able to have a multitasking under BP protected mode applications? The
problem is how to execute another program when one is launched. I want to
create an DOS desktop GUI (alias desktop system) but I have not ideas how to
exeute another program (like a SHELL).

Re:Multitasking under BP protected mode

Jan Rejchrt wrote:
> Is able to have a multitasking under BP protected mode applications? The
> problem is how to execute another program when one is launched. I want to
> create an DOS desktop GUI (alias desktop system) but I have not ideas how to
> exeute another program (like a SHELL).

Do you need true multitasking or just something like the DOS Prompt in
the BP IDE?

If you need the second: look up exec and swapvectors in your BP help.

If you want REAL multitasking: there are several multitasking
units/libraries out in the wild. Look at www.gdsoft.com for the SWAG
archives, maybe some are in them. Otherwise search with google for
multitasking pascal or similar, you surely will gewt usefull results.

Greetings

Markus

Re:Multitasking under BP protected mode

sorry,
    but I want the newest SWAG archives and there are no units (or samples)
how to make a REAL multitasking under BP protected mode. :-(

"Markus Humm" <markus.h...@freenet.de> pse v diskusnm prspevku

> Jan Rejchrt wrote:
> > Is able to have a multitasking under BP protected mode applications? The
> > problem is how to execute another program when one is launched. I want
> > create an DOS desktop GUI (alias desktop system) but I have not ideas
how to
> > exeute another program (like a SHELL).

> Do you need true multitasking or just something like the DOS Prompt in
> the BP IDE?

> If you need the second: look up exec and swapvectors in your BP help.

> If you want REAL multitasking: there are several multitasking
> units/libraries out in the wild. Look at www.gdsoft.com for the SWAG
> archives, maybe some are in them. Otherwise search with google for
> multitasking pascal or similar, you surely will gewt usefull results.

> Greetings

> Markus

Other Threads