how to print line by line to the printer?

Problem: some status information of a machine should be printed to a
Epson needle printer. Each status info takes up to 75 chars. And as each
info will be printed after 2 minutes i'm not able to wait until i have
enough lines to fill a page. Unfortunately i'm not able to write one
line and place the next one later without getting a formfeed. The status
information must be visible shortly after being released by the machine.
So how can i print one line directly to printer without sending a
formfeed?
because system platform is Win.311 I have to use Delphi 1.?.
Manfred

Re:how to print line by line to the printer?

Manfred Schmickler wrote:

> Problem: some status information of a machine should be printed to a
> Epson needle printer. Each status info takes up to 75 chars. And as each
> info will be printed after 2 minutes i'm not able to wait until i have
> enough lines to fill a page. Unfortunately i'm not able to write one
> line and place the next one later without getting a formfeed. The status
> information must be visible shortly after being released by the machine.
> So how can i print one line directly to printer without sending a
> formfeed?
> because system platform is Win.311 I have to use Delphi 1.?.
> Manfred

Hi Manfred,

try the following code

System.Flush(FileHandle),

where FileHandle is the file handle of the printer.

Hope this helps,

Rudi

Other Threads