DLL debugging in Delphi 3

Hi there

Delphi 3 is supposed to be soooo smart regarding DLL-debugging. How come
the subject isn't mentioned in any of the manuals (and online-help)?

Is it possible to debug one of my own C++ Builder DLL's from Delphi 3
(from within the Delphi 3 environment), and how do I make it work???

Any help be be appreciated.

PS  I use Delphi 3 "proffesional"

/Martin Ahler, Denmark

Re:DLL debugging in Delphi 3

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:11:23 +0200, Martin Ahler

<mah...@post6.tele.dk> wrote:
>Delphi 3 is supposed to be soooo smart regarding DLL-debugging. How come
>the subject isn't mentioned in any of the manuals (and online-help)?

Might it be that the feature is so trivial to use that it won't
require any instructions? BTW, it is at least mentioned in the topic
"Miscellaneous IDE enhancements".

>Is it possible to debug one of my own C++ Builder DLL's from Delphi 3
>(from within the Delphi 3 environment), and how do I make it work???

Create an EXE file which uses your DLL (or parts of it you want to
debug), and then specify the name of the EXE file in the
Run|Parameters -dialog box "Host Application" field.

Regards,

Jani J?rvinen
Helsinki Finland

Tools, information, tips, reviews & bug lists
for professional Delphi, Win32 and WinHelp developers.

mailto:ja...@dystopia.fi
http://www.dystopia.fi/~janij/

Re:DLL debugging in Delphi 3

: Martin Ahler <mah...@post6.tele.dk> wrote:

>Hi there

>Delphi 3 is supposed to be soooo smart regarding DLL-debugging. How come
>the subject isn't mentioned in any of the manuals (and online-help)?

It IS documented. Somewhere.

You need to set the calling program in the "Run" box and then
"execute" the DLL (which will execute the process)

>Is it possible to debug one of my own C++ Builder DLL's from Delphi 3
>(from within the Delphi 3 environment), and how do I make it work???

Yes. See above.

Other Threads