Board index » delphi » D3 app back to D2/D1

D3 app back to D2/D1

Hi,

I've been working on an application for a user with Delphi 3.  All of a
sudden the requirements changed and they need both Win3.1 and Win95
versions.

I've seen a utility on some web site that modifies the D3 forms back to a
D2/D1 compatible layout.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get my
hands on this utility?

---
Terry Swiers
Millennium Software, LLC
http://www.1000years.com

 

Re:D3 app back to D2/D1


On 5 Jun 1997 05:59:14 GMT, "Terry Swiers" <millenn...@1000years.com>
wrote:

Quote
>I've seen a utility on some web site that modifies the D3 forms back to a
>D2/D1 compatible layout.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get my
>hands on this utility?

Im in the impression that D1/2 have no probelms opening D3 forms. Of
course, if you have used controls which don't exitst in D1/2, you will
run into problems.

However, if the above doesnt work (it also means that Im wrong...
;-( you have to use the "convert" utility on your \Delphi\Bin
directory. It converts you DFM-files to text and then back.

HTH.

Regards,

Jani J?rvinen
Helsinki Finland

Tools, information, tips, reviews & bug lists
for professional Delphi, Win32 and WinHelp developers.

mailto:ja...@dystopia.fi
http://www.dystopia.fi/~janij/

Re:D3 app back to D2/D1


: "Terry Swiers" <millenn...@1000years.com> wrote:

Quote
>I've seen a utility on some web site that modifies the D3 forms back to a
>D2/D1 compatible layout.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get my
>hands on this utility?

http://www.drbob42.com/

Actually you only need to *open* each form in Delphi 1 / Delphi 3
(and "ignore" the error messages). This tool only automates the
process.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany

Re:D3 app back to D2/D1


Quote
ja...@dystopia.fi (Jani J?rvinen) wrote:
>Im in the impression that D1/2 have no probelms opening D3 forms. Of
>course, if you have used controls which don't exitst in D1/2, you will
>run into problems.

>However, if the above doesnt work (it also means that Im wrong...
>;-( you have to use the "convert" utility on your \Delphi\Bin
>directory. It converts you DFM-files to text and then back.

Or you could just press Alt-F12 inside Delphi and instantly see your
form as text.
--
Med venlig hilsen
Jan Karlsbjerg, j...@writeme.com

Other Threads