Code difference betwen NT 4.0 and Win95

I'm getting confused (nothing unusual)

I'm writing a program that send data to a soundcard. I'm developing in
NT 4.0 and Delphi 2.0.

My program works under NT, but when I run the same code under Windows
95 one parameter in a procedure call gets a value which is far out
from what it should be.  The code is still working but the data sent
to the soundcard is not valid..

If I put in some extra codelines, i.e writeln, the problem goes away.
So it seems that there is an alignment problem in the code, maybe due
to an error in parameter sizes. But why does it work in NT? The
procedure called is written by me, there is no call to the OS.

I have solved it right now by declaring two labels that are not used!
but the whole thing feels very shaky.

Anyone with any idea?

/peter

Re:Code difference betwen NT 4.0 and Win95

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:31:17 GMT, pet...@sequoia-dev.com (Peter Ismen)
wrote:

>My program works under NT, but when I run the same code under Windows
>95 one parameter in a procedure call gets a value which is far out
>from what it should be.  The code is still working but the data sent
>to the soundcard is not valid..

Do you have a small code sample of the offending procedure and the
call to it?

Maybe this gives me/us a clue.

Regards
  Meikel Weber
make sure you visit my homepage
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/Homepages/meikel/mew.htm

Meikel Weber wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:31:17 GMT, pet...@sequoia-dev.com (Peter Ismen)
> wrote:

> >My program works under NT, but when I run the same code under Windows
> >95 one parameter in a procedure call gets a value which is far out
> >from what it should be.  The code is still working but the data sent
> >to the soundcard is not valid..

> Do you have a small code sample of the offending procedure and the
> call to it?

> Maybe this gives me/us a clue.

> Regards
>   Meikel Weber
> make sure you visit my homepage
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/Homepages/meikel/mew.htm

Windows 95 is just garbage, I would not worry, because next version of
95 will be based finally on NT, and so the 95 WILL FINALLY WORK

DSpa...@rotocast.com wrote:
>Windows 95 is just garbage, I would not worry, because next version of
>95 will be based finally on NT, and so the 95 WILL FINALLY WORK

Unfortunally there is a lot of people out there that uses, and will be
using, that garbage. If I had a choise I would stick to NT. As it is
now, I'm glad I don't need to do my programs for Windows 3.x also (at
least not yet).

BTW. After adding more code and several compilation, my problem's
gone.

/pi

Other Threads