Animating with Delphi

Can anyone tell me how to do non-flickery animation with Delphi?

What I would like to do is to have

1) A background image
2) Non-rectangular images to move on that background image.
   Without flickering.

Is there anything like sprites on Delphi?
(Of course not native windows ones, buyt maybe a component for that..)

Copyrect method is sufficient if the moving images are rectangular.
Is there a routine (a CopyMode) to do transparent copying, where you
could have some color marked as background color, and the routine
(copyrect) wouldn't copy areas filled with that color..?

--
      -- Teemu.Hamalai...@cc.tut.fi --

Re:Animating with Delphi

Look for a component that I wrote (should be on the Delph iSuper Page)
for a transparent button. (search for Casey on the freeware Delphi 1
components page)

It has all of the code you need to program what you want. For
animation just draw to an offscreen bitmap, then use .Draw to move the
offscreen bitmap onscreen.

Casey Charlton    ca...@caseyc.demon.co.uk