BDE 5.1 and MSACCESS 97

I'm unable to configure BDE to define an alias
for  ACCESS 97 database.
I don't want to use ODBC Driver but MSACCESS Native.

Here is my configuration  in BDE
Configuration/Pilote/Natif/MSACCESS
Version                         1.0
Type                              SERVER
 DLL32                           IDDA3532.DLL
Driver flags                   (rien, vide)
Trace Mode                  0
Database Name         (nothing, empty)
LANGDRIVER             Access General
Open MODE                 READ/WRITE
SYSTEM DATABASE  empty
USER NAME                 Empty

When i use that alias with a TTable and i try do put connected to TRUE,
i have a message like violation at xxxxxxxxx

Then I tried another mean

I suppressed every alias for my database

In Delphi I use a TDataBase
DriverName:= MSACCESS
LoginPrompt:=False
In Params DATABASE NAME=D:\CONCEPT\MVDAT.mdb

When I try :  Connected = true, I have the next message :
Database1 : Database name missing (or something like that in french) .

If I give databasename The next value : D:\CONCEPT\MVDAT.mdb
Message :  Paramtre incorrect.

If I give databasename The next value : MVDAT.mdb or TOTO or anything else :
Message :
   Paramtre incorrect.
  Argument non valide
   Alias
   Alias :MVDAT.mdb

Database exist, path is correct, IDDA3532.DLL also exist.

Thanks for your help

> > Pierre

Re:BDE 5.1 and MSACCESS 97

The DatabaseName property should be set to a unique alias name that you want
to use as a reference in your program. Give it a value like "MyVatDB".

--

Woody

Pierre CAILLIAU <pierre.caill...@vnumail.com> wrote in message

> I'm unable to configure BDE to define an alias
> for  ACCESS 97 database.
> I don't want to use ODBC Driver but MSACCESS Native.

> Here is my configuration  in BDE
> Configuration/Pilote/Natif/MSACCESS
> Version                         1.0
> Type                              SERVER
>  DLL32                           IDDA3532.DLL
> Driver flags                   (rien, vide)
> Trace Mode                  0
> Database Name         (nothing, empty)
> LANGDRIVER             Access General
> Open MODE                 READ/WRITE
> SYSTEM DATABASE  empty
> USER NAME                 Empty

> When i use that alias with a TTable and i try do put connected to TRUE,
> i have a message like violation at xxxxxxxxx

> Then I tried another mean

> I suppressed every alias for my database

> In Delphi I use a TDataBase
> DriverName:= MSACCESS
> LoginPrompt:=False
> In Params DATABASE NAME=D:\CONCEPT\MVDAT.mdb

> When I try :  Connected = true, I have the next message :
> Database1 : Database name missing (or something like that in french) .

> If I give databasename The next value : D:\CONCEPT\MVDAT.mdb
> Message :  Paramtre incorrect.

> If I give databasename The next value : MVDAT.mdb or TOTO or anything else
:
> Message :
>    Paramtre incorrect.
>   Argument non valide
>    Alias
>    Alias :MVDAT.mdb

> Database exist, path is correct, IDDA3532.DLL also exist.

> Thanks for your help

> > > Pierre

Re:BDE 5.1 and MSACCESS 97

Thanx for your informations.

My problem was ACCESS's DLL that was not good.
I id replace them by older with the same name and now every things run nice.

Woody <woody....@ih2000.net> a crit dans le message :
s8etcvc5eh...@corp.supernews.com...

Other Threads