Problem using Indy's Telnet Client

Hi,
I am trying to write a program that would automatically logon to a
linux/unix box and do something, then logoff.

The program works fine if I connect to one server, now I have a list of
servers to connect to. It will connect to the first server, I logout fine,
make a connection to the second server and problems start. It seems to be
echoing so I see 2 lines for login:, the buffers that are returned are
messing things up, but always when the server is the 2nd connection or
higher. If i make that server the first connection, works fine every time.
What could be wrong? Could anyone maybe help with the source to destroy my
idtelnet1 then recreate it as this may be a way around.
Thanks
Mike

Re:Problem using Indy's Telnet Client

Michael Kumm <mich...@affinity.co.za> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I am trying to write a program that would automatically logon to a
> linux/unix box and do something, then logoff.

> The program works fine if I connect to one server, now I have a
list of
> servers to connect to. It will connect to the first server, I
logout fine,
> make a connection to the second server and problems start. It seems
to be
> echoing so I see 2 lines for login:, the buffers that are returned
are
> messing things up, but always when the server is the 2nd connection
or
> higher. If i make that server the first connection, works fine
every time.
> What could be wrong? Could anyone maybe help with the source to
destroy my
> idtelnet1 then recreate it as this may be a way around.
> Thanks
> Mike

Dunno really.  Sounds like something is not being intiialised
correctly on connect or something should have a critical section &
hasn't.  Got any code?

Rgds,
Martin

Other Threads