free idsoftware front-end program in pascal--need help - idgames.pas [1/1]

In article <563t14$...@excelsior.flash.net>,

Eric Pearson <e...@flash.net> wrote:

:
: This is a front-end game selector for idsoftware's games (ie. hexen,
: hexendk, heretic, ultdoom, doom2, and wolf3d).  It's free for you to
: take, but it has a bug.  Whenever it calls the exec(programname,cmdline)
: command, it skips over it.  You are free to fix the bug, granted you
: e-mail me the finished product or you post HERE (+ any other places, but
: it must be here as well).  Please help me with this.
: -ktulu
:       e...@flash.net

After the program line you need to add something like {$M 16384,0,131072}

In the pickone routine you need to have
  chdir(path);
  CloseGraph;
  SwapVectors;
  exec(programname,cmdline);
  SwapVectors;
  TurnOnGraphics;

path is a new string variable I've introduced.  It is used to select
the right path for the game - try
      c:
      cd \
      c:\wolf3d\wolf3d.exe
It won't work as you aren't in the right directory.  In this example,
path = 'c:\wolf3d'

The CloseGraph line is not *strictly* needed as the game will select
its own graphics mode, but the graphics unit tends to get a little
confused if it isn't there.  SwapVectors is just housekeeping.

Steve

--
 ____ ____
/ __//___ \  Steve Piner - spi...@sans.vuw.ac.nz