Database Desktop and 'create view'?

Dear reader,

When using Database Desktop (as supplied with my Delphi3 standard), I can
read in it's online helpfile that the SQL function 'Create view' would be
supported. However, when executing a statement as:

the program responds with an errormessage "Capability not supported"?

Alternatively, when I omit the section: "Create view <viewname> as" from the
above statement, then I am getting a perfectly correct response in an
answer.db window...

I was wondering if I'm perhaps doing something wrong? Should Database
Desktop be able to handle "Create view..." assignments?

I'm looking forward to your helpful replies! ;-)

Best regards,
Harry D.
--
---------------------------
Harry Doldersum,

Re:Database Desktop and 'create view'?

When you ask database related questions it is essential that you tell us
what database you are using.

--
Bill

Re:Database Desktop and 'create view'?

>Harry Doldersum wrote:

>When using Database Desktop (as supplied with my Delphi3 standard), I >can read in it's online helpfile that the SQL function 'Create view' >would be supported. However, when executing a statement as:

Local SQL does not support CREATE VIEW. The DBD help still refers to
Paradox here.
You do have an option similar to views though. You can save a SQL
statement to a text file with a .SQL extension and reference this file
instead of a table in another SQL statement.

  SELECT Cust, ID
  FROM "saved.sql"

executes the saved SQL statement to produce a temporary result set used
in the above SQL statement.
P.S. The same is possible with QBE queries.
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5
Direct replies mailto:p...@augsburg.netsurf.de