DElPHI 1.0 - 'Error creating windows'

Delphi 1.0 16 bits

I got the error 'Erreur de cration de fentre' - 'Error of creation of
windows' when I go from one tabindex to the following.

Exception Type: eOutOfRessources.

The error occurs on this code ' aChoix.PageIndex := TabSet.TabIndex;'

My application is not very large, about 100 windows.

Re:DElPHI 1.0 - 'Error creating windows'

It's Win3.x problem. Really no more than 250-270 windows can exist
simultaneously.
But normal Windows environmet usually have a lot (even you do't see them).
If you use WinSight utility you may see list of existing windows including
their
parent-chuild relationship.

So try to minimize number of forms in your app.
Create forms/dialogs only "when need", not in DPR file.
Use more non-windowed components.
In other words - decrease number of visual objects, based on real window
handle
(having Handle property).

Or move to Win32, where these limitation are not that essential.

Sergei SOUDAKOV

RADELET PASCAL <isa...@pophost.eunet.be> ???? a ?t
<34843E76.7AB0C...@pophost.eunet.be>...

> Delphi 1.0 16 bits

> I got the error 'Erreur de cration de fentre' - 'Error of creation of
> windows' when I go from one tabindex to the following.

> Exception Type: eOutOfRessources.

> The error occurs on this code ' aChoix.PageIndex := TabSet.TabIndex;'

> My application is not very large, about 100 windows.

Re:DElPHI 1.0 - 'Error creating windows'

On Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:59:34 +0100, RADELET PASCAL

<isa...@pophost.eunet.be> wrote:
>I got the error 'Erreur de cration de fentre' - 'Error of creation of
>windows' when I go from one tabindex to the following.
>Exception Type: eOutOfRessources.
>The error occurs on this code ' aChoix.PageIndex := TabSet.TabIndex;'
>My application is not very large, about 100 windows.

please check out my FAQ at the "Tips & Tricks" page
of my Delphi Website (URL see footer).
You'll find many hints and explanations about this topic.

Greetings,
Richey
[ E-MAIL: SPAMKILL_r.fell...@xpoint.at (please remove SPAMKILL_). ]
[ Get the "Advertising Screensaver", the "Phantastic Screensaver" ]
[ or INF-Tool, the *special* setup software from my Website at    ]
[ http://www.user.xpoint.at/r.fellner/, home of the DELPHI-BOX,   ]
[ providing more than 1000 links & infos about Borland's Delphi ! ]

Other Threads