Need opinion

Dear everyone,

I am Turbo Pascal 7 developer.
I am planning to develop something that is worth while.
Hence, I would like to seek opinion from you all: What kind of program or
programming tools still under demand?
Ideas that playing in my mind perhaps a list box builder (for Pascal
students)? How about a HTML to EXE converter (creating my own browser)?

Thank you for any ideas.

Khan Ming

Re:Need opinion

Boo Khan Ming wrote:
> Dear everyone,

> I am Turbo Pascal 7 developer.
> I am planning to develop something that is worth while.
> Hence, I would like to seek opinion from you all: What kind of program or
> programming tools still under demand?
> Ideas that playing in my mind perhaps a list box builder (for Pascal
> students)? How about a HTML to EXE converter (creating my own browser)?

> Thank you for any ideas.

> Khan Ming

Why not write some unit/dll for BP7 which can really access all
available RAM (up to 4 GB) under every possible OS and stays compatible
with the DLL loading/using mechanism of BP7? I'd like to have/need such
a beast!

Markus

Re:Need opinion

In article <3B8BBAA0.8040...@freenet.de>, Markus Humm wrote:
> Boo Khan Ming wrote:
>> Dear everyone,

>> I am Turbo Pascal 7 developer.
>> I am planning to develop something that is worth while.
>> Hence, I would like to seek opinion from you all: What kind of program or
>> programming tools still under demand?
>> Ideas that playing in my mind perhaps a list box builder (for Pascal
>> students)? How about a HTML to EXE converter (creating my own browser)?

> Why not write some unit/dll for BP7 which can really access all
> available RAM (up to 4 GB) under every possible OS and stays compatible
> with the DLL loading/using mechanism of BP7? I'd like to have/need such
> a beast!

You can't have that using an unit. You really have to fix the compiler itself.

And I think it would be easier to hack DLL dos support into FPC and
stabilise the FPC IDE :-)

Re:Need opinion

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In article <3B8BBAA0.8040...@freenet.de>, Markus Humm wrote:

>>Boo Khan Ming wrote:

>>>Dear everyone,

>>>I am Turbo Pascal 7 developer.
>>>I am planning to develop something that is worth while.
>>>Hence, I would like to seek opinion from you all: What kind of program or
>>>programming tools still under demand?
>>>Ideas that playing in my mind perhaps a list box builder (for Pascal
>>>students)? How about a HTML to EXE converter (creating my own browser)?

>>Why not write some unit/dll for BP7 which can really access all
>>available RAM (up to 4 GB) under every possible OS and stays compatible
>>with the DLL loading/using mechanism of BP7? I'd like to have/need such
>>a beast!

> You can't have that using an unit. You really have to fix the compiler itself.

> And I think it would be easier to hack DLL dos support into FPC and
> stabilise the FPC IDE :-)

Grin...that is exactly what I would need...

Markus

Re:Need opinion

Or any AI that writes the programs alone while you sit watching in front of
your PC?

Re:Need opinion

Leo Nesemann wrote:
> Or any AI that writes the programs alone while you sit watching in front of
> your PC?

If you want to devellop an application, do you always first fiddle
around, creating some better version of your programming tools? or don't
you expect, that there are some guys out there who want to develop
compilers instead of normal apps which could do that for you because you
  only know about normal app. programming?

=> I'm not a compiler programmer, I only want to program normal apps...

Markus

Other Threads