problem with design-time properties

Hi,

I have a problem with a published TStringList property, a have defined a
class for a new component:

class TPOOSLProcess=class(TComponent)
private
   FDescription:TStringList;
   procedure FSetDescription(Value:TStringList);
published
   property Description:TStringList read FDescription write FSetDescription

At design time it is possible to modify the stringlist using the standard
property editor and after it has been modified the FSetDescription procedure
is called.

However, if I compile the project and run it, the TPOOSLProcess object is
created and the stringlist property is somehow set, but the FSetDescription
procedure is not called.
I would like to know why, because I need to respond to changes of the
FDescription field.

If anybody can explain this, or knows how to solve the problem, I would be
very thankfull,

Marc Geilen
m.c.w.gei...@stud.tue.nl