BDE 5.11 lock up on Win98

I have a clean windows 98 machine (reformatted disk and fresh install of
win98) and i install the BDE 5.11 with the Installshield express 3.0.3 and
the BDE administrator locks up. Any ideas? This is problem kicking my ass.

Re:BDE 5.11 lock up on Win98

Verify if your computer is running with 16 colors, the BDE works only if you
use more than 16 colors. Change for 256 colors and try.
Stephen P Volpone escreveu na mensagem <976gqa$j...@bornews.inprise.com>...
>I have a clean windows 98 machine (reformatted disk and fresh install of
>win98) and i install the BDE 5.11 with the Installshield express 3.0.3 and
>the BDE administrator locks up. Any ideas? This is problem kicking my ass.

Re:BDE 5.11 lock up on Win98

Stephen,

I have had this problem in the past.  There is a known bug BDE that if you
have your display settings set to 16 colors the bde will freeze.  Change
your setting to a higher value and it should fix the problem.

Ron

"Stephen P Volpone" <SVolp...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I have a clean windows 98 machine (reformatted disk and fresh install of
> win98) and i install the BDE 5.11 with the Installshield express 3.0.3 and
> the BDE administrator locks up. Any ideas? This is problem kicking my ass.

Re:BDE 5.11 lock up on Win98

Wrong Display Drivers.

Ron wrote:

> Stephen,

> I have had this problem in the past.  There is a known bug BDE that if you
> have your display settings set to 16 colors the bde will freeze.

The bug is in win98, not the BDE actually.  The solution is correct.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is

Other Threads