Web/Internet Databases - Options?

Up until now, my database work has consisted of file server based,
non-SQL applications developed with Delphi 5. My database engine of
choice is DBISAM.

I am now getting a number of requests for either web-based or
over-the-internet applications.

What are my options, assuming I can develop for an NT server?

What if I have to develop for a UNIX server? What are my options then?

I would strongly prefer not to use the BDE or have to purchase the
Client-Server version of Delphi.
--Bruce

Re:Web/Internet Databases - Options?

If you are looking for a database that runs on both Windows and Linux how
about Interbase?

--
Bill

Re:Web/Internet Databases - Options?

You could try ASTA. http://www.astatech.com

--
Good Luck
stim...@linkline.com  (remove _ to send nospam)

"Bruce Vander Werf" <bruc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Up until now, my database work has consisted of file server based,
> non-SQL applications developed with Delphi 5. My database engine of
> choice is DBISAM.

> I am now getting a number of requests for either web-based or
> over-the-internet applications.

> What are my options, assuming I can develop for an NT server?

> What if I have to develop for a UNIX server? What are my options then?

> I would strongly prefer not to use the BDE or have to purchase the
> Client-Server version of Delphi.

> --Bruce

Other Threads