QR won't print to a network printer

Hello

I have the following problem with CPB 3.0 (I appologise for gate-crashing
your group but I couldn't find a corresponding CPB topic).

I have two different applications running in two separate places and they
have both reported trouble printing QR forms over a network.  Printing
locally to a similar printer connected to the printer port works fine.  One
place uses an HP2100 printer and an HP JetDirect 170X to connect it to the
network, the other location details uncertain.  In both cases, printing a
test page, printing from other apps, or printing other than QR forms (eg a
graphic image) works fine.  The QR forms download to the printer ok but it
just sits there refusing to print anything until you press the manual print
button.  Anything spooled after the QR form is similarly blocked until the
QR form is cleared.  The spooler shows the QR form as being fully downloaded
but not cleared from the list.  I have tried RAW (FF appended) and RAW (FF
auto) but to no avail.

I wonder if anyone can help, since I run out of things to try!

Regards,

Denville

Re:QR won't print to a network printer

Denville:

The only thing I can think of is that the printer, thinks there is still
data coming and does not begin printing.  What kind of network is this?  If
it is Novell, sometimes you have to fiddle with their settings (AutoEndcap,
etc)  Nowadays, these settings are irrelevant for most print applications,
but it might make a difference here.

Hope this helps!

Tom Nesler

Denville Longhurst <Denvi...@metco.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hello

> I have the following problem with CPB 3.0 (I appologise for gate-crashing
> your group but I couldn't find a corresponding CPB topic).

> I have two different applications running in two separate places and they
> have both reported trouble printing QR forms over a network.  Printing
> locally to a similar printer connected to the printer port works fine.
One
> place uses an HP2100 printer and an HP JetDirect 170X to connect it to the
> network, the other location details uncertain.  In both cases, printing a
> test page, printing from other apps, or printing other than QR forms (eg a
> graphic image) works fine.  The QR forms download to the printer ok but it
> just sits there refusing to print anything until you press the manual
print
> button.  Anything spooled after the QR form is similarly blocked until the
> QR form is cleared.  The spooler shows the QR form as being fully
downloaded
> but not cleared from the list.  I have tried RAW (FF appended) and RAW (FF
> auto) but to no avail.

> I wonder if anyone can help, since I run out of things to try!

> Regards,

> Denville

Other Threads