Board index » delphi » Interface not supported warning window

Interface not supported warning window

I have develop a three tier database application.It runs good under the
design stage.But i received the warning window (subject mentioned) when I
copy to the client PC and running.However when client PC install Delphi then
the program can run.
I suppose i have miss some important files, not yet copy to the client PC.
Can anyone teach me.

thanks
   ccl_...@ccscat.com

 

Re:Interface not supported warning window


This sounds like it could be a licensing problem; "interface not
supported," e.g. from Interbase, means that you have not purchased the
license option that allows Interbase Server to be used from another
machine.  Both the client -and- the server side of the Interface API use
licensing controls.  One to allow the client to "dial out," and the
other to allow the server to "answer the phone."

I'd suggest calling Interbase at http://www.interbase.com for
clarification.  The license fees for IB are reasonable compared to the
others, but they must be paid.

Quote
>ming_email wrote:

> I have develop a three tier database application.It runs good under the
> design stage.But i received the warning window (subject mentioned) when I
> copy to the client PC and running.However when client PC install Delphi then
> the program can run.
> I suppose i have miss some important files, not yet copy to the client PC.
> Can anyone teach me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sundial Services :: Scottsdale, AZ (USA) :: (480) 946-8259
mailto:i...@sundialservices.com  (PGP public key available.)
Quote
> Why =shouldn't= it be quick and easy to keep your database online?
> ChimneySweep(R):  "Click click, it's fixed!" {tm}
> http://www.sundialservices.com/cs3web.htm

Re:Interface not supported warning window


Actually ,I use MS SQL .But why when i install Delphi in the Client side,the
program can run ?

Sundial Services ???g??31 <3857C561.5...@sundialservices.com>...

Quote
>This sounds like it could be a licensing problem; "interface not
>supported," e.g. from Interbase, means that you have not purchased the
>license option that allows Interbase Server to be used from another
>machine.  Both the client -and- the server side of the Interface API use
>licensing controls.  One to allow the client to "dial out," and the
>other to allow the server to "answer the phone."

>I'd suggest calling Interbase at http://www.interbase.com for
>clarification.  The license fees for IB are reasonable compared to the
>others, but they must be paid.

>>ming_email wrote:

>> I have develop a three tier database application.It runs good under the
>> design stage.But i received the warning window (subject mentioned) when I
>> copy to the client PC and running.However when client PC install Delphi
then
>> the program can run.
>> I suppose i have miss some important files, not yet copy to the client
PC.
>> Can anyone teach me.

>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>Sundial Services :: Scottsdale, AZ (USA) :: (480) 946-8259
>mailto:i...@sundialservices.com  (PGP public key available.)
>> Why =shouldn't= it be quick and easy to keep your database online?
>> ChimneySweep(R):  "Click click, it's fixed!" {tm}
>> http://www.sundialservices.com/cs3web.htm

Other Threads