a simple question

I'm using D1 and trying to add an icon into the application. All my other
applications seems to work fine except one. I can't figure out why.

What can be set in a project that causes the
Project/Options/Application/Icon to not work. D1 loads the icon up and
displays the icon, but when I compile and run it stand alone, it shows no
icon, i.e., shows a 'blank form' icon in minimized state and the same
'blank form' icon in WIN95 explorer.

TIA.

-Kevin

Re:a simple question

Kevin Loo <k...@ix.-NOSPAM-netx.com> wrote:

: I'm using D1 and trying to add an icon into the application. All my other
: applications seems to work fine except one. I can't figure out why.

: What can be set in a project that causes the
: Project/Options/Application/Icon to not work. D1 loads the icon up and
: displays the icon, but when I compile and run it stand alone, it shows no
: icon, i.e., shows a 'blank form' icon in minimized state and the same
: 'blank form' icon in WIN95 explorer.

: Can someone point me in the right direction?
Put your icon in your mainform icon property, works alright for me.

: TIA.

: -Kevin

HTH

  Roel

Re:a simple question

Works perfectly. Thank you very much.

-Kevin

Re:a simple question

        I am currently evaluating Delphi and it's surrounding aspects, for
possible future use. I would like to know some of the benefits with
working with Delphi s well some of it's negative attributes, so that I may
way these factors. If anyone has some sample code of Delphi that too would
be much appreciated, so that I can get a better grasp of it and relay that
to my colleagues at work. Thank you.

Michael R. Connelly

Re:a simple question

Doing that does correctly display the icon on the task bar. However, in
WIN95 Explorer, Its still showing a blank form. Any ideas?

-Kevin

Roel Spapens <ro...@stack.nl> wrote in article
<6ce09d$...@turtle.stack.nl>...

> Kevin Loo <k...@ix.-NOSPAM-netx.com> wrote:
> : I'm using D1 and trying to add an icon into the application. All my
other
> : applications seems to work fine except one. I can't figure out why.

> : What can be set in a project that causes the
> : Project/Options/Application/Icon to not work. D1 loads the icon up and
> : displays the icon, but when I compile and run it stand alone, it shows
no
> : icon, i.e., shows a 'blank form' icon in minimized state and the same
> : 'blank form' icon in WIN95 explorer.

> : Can someone point me in the right direction?
> Put your icon in your mainform icon property, works alright for me.

> : TIA.

> : -Kevin

> HTH

>   Roel

Re:a simple question

Since I don't have delphi handy here I'm not quite sure but you might want
to try putting the icon in both the application and the mainform, since I
think the explorer checks the application for the icon and on the taskbar
the icon is retreived from the form (sounds logical to me at least), if this
doesn't help, let me know and I'll test it

Roel

Kevin Loo <k...@ix.-NOSPAM-netx.com> wrote:

: Doing that does correctly display the icon on the task bar. However, in
: WIN95 Explorer, Its still showing a blank form. Any ideas?

: -Kevin

: Roel Spapens <ro...@stack.nl> wrote in article
: <6ce09d$...@turtle.stack.nl>...
:> Kevin Loo <k...@ix.-NOSPAM-netx.com> wrote:
:> : I'm using D1 and trying to add an icon into the application. All my
: other
:> : applications seems to work fine except one. I can't figure out why.
:>
[...]

[This follow up was also send to author]
A human entity called Llarian <mcon...@triton.towson.edu> send the message :
 If anyone has some sample code of Delphi that too would

>be much appreciated, so that I can get a better grasp of it and relay that
>to my colleagues at work. Thank you.

Check out the UDDF. It's full of High and not so high quality Delphi Code.

The Graphical Gnome (r...@ktibv.nl)
Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm