Creating HotSpots in a RichEdit???

Is there a way to create hotspots for hyperlinks within a RichEdit?  Is
there is a way to get a character offset for a mouseover?  (I.e., is there
a way to tell what character the mouse is over?  If this could be done
then hotspots would be easy.)

Thanks,

-Art
--
Art Pollard <Polla...@Hawaii.edu>
Moderator for Comp.Theory.Info-Retrieval

Re:Creating HotSpots in a RichEdit???

Art Pollard wrote:

> Is there a way to create hotspots for hyperlinks within a RichEdit?  Is
> there is a way to get a character offset for a mouseover?  (I.e., is there
> a way to tell what character the mouse is over?  If this could be done
> then hotspots would be easy.)

Art -

Subclass the richedit handler.  Handle WM_MOUSEMOVE.  Use ClientToScreen
to get co-ords relative to the edit box.  Then send EM_CHARFROMPOS to
get the character under the cursor.

See also Q137805 for details of documentation errors for this.

Tim.

Please reverse ku for real address.

Other Threads